Thursday, November 28, 2013

My Sister's Wedding

Now I know this isn't a beauty related post but I had to share with you all some snaps of my sister's wedding that was held earlier this month. I haven't been to a wedding since I was about three years old and I got to be a bridesmaid so I was super excited before!! Add to that my sister asked me to make her wedding cake and this became a very exciting and nerve wracking week!


The cake above consisted of seven cakes to create a four-tier wedding cake. The top two layers were caramel mud cake and the bottom were white chocolate and raspberry mud cake. They were filled and coated with white chocolate ganache and the covered in white fondant. For the top tier I made fondant petals and edible silver leaf. The second has ivory fondant on the pattern. The third is covered in edible silver leaf (a very tricky ingredient to work with!). The bottom tier was covered in edible ivory flowers and silver caschous. I'm really pleased with how it turned out as was the bride and groom!!

On the day of the wedding the hair and makeup ladies were at our house at 6am!! I thought this was crazy but with makeup to do for five people and hair for six I can see why they allowed so much time.

I was first to have my makeup done and for something done at 6am I was amazed how well it lasted until I took it off at 1am! The makeup artist used MAC products on us all.


Next up was hair and I loved the look I got.


Well I loved the eventual look!! :P


All the bridesmaids had their hair the same and the makeup was suited to our eye colours and skin tone. We all had purple dresses with different styles. I love this picture of my eldest sister and I.


I also fell in love with the bouquets and kept mine afterwards. My sister was married in Richmond and then after a day filled with photos we went to the reception in the city that was situated right on the Yarra River. The night was filled with dancing, great food, catching up with family and many photo booth shots!! I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the day although it did go quite quickly!










No comments:

Post a Comment