Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Favourite BB Creams

As a swimming coach I don't tend to wear foundation every day as I look a little bit too "done up". I was so happy when BB creams came out as I found them to be perfect for me-they look natural, give decent coverage and most are well priced!
 
I've tried a number of BB creams over the past few months but I have four favourite ones.

 From left to right: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in Fair, MAC Prep + Prime Beauty Balm, Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Sensitive Skin in Light &Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm
 
 
GARNIER BB CREAM MIRACLE SKIN PERFECTOR FOR SENSITIVE SKIN IN LIGHT
 

I quite like this Garnier BB cream. I have tried the normal one too but this cream made for sensitive skin doesn't break me out and lasts the whole day. The bottle is an easy to use squeeze bottle with a flip top lid. The cream itself is quite thick, but spreads well using a foundation brush. A little goes a long way with this one as you don't need to layer it on to get a good coverage. The Garnier BB cream is a bit darker than my skin tone but it gives me a lovely glow. This is my go to BB cream when I want a bit more coverage to cover blemishes and to brighten up dull skin. With added SPF15 this gives a bit of sun coverage, but I would love companies to come out with one with SPF30 for Australia.
 


 
Available in two shades and retails for $13.99. Available at pharmacies and supermarkets.


MAC PREP+PRIME BEAUTY BALM
 

 
I picked up this beauty in America at an Estee Lauder company store. I recall paying about $18 for this (bargain for me!), and it is the of my BB creams to use as a primer and illuminator. The cream is quite thick and I find using my fingers is best for application. If used on its own I use it when I'm having a good skin day. I love that it has an SPF35 included so it is perfect for Australia!
 

(I only applied it to the left of my hand and you can see how it brightens up the skin)
 
Available in nine shades retailing at $42. Purchase at MAC stores or online at www.maccosmetics.com.au
 
 
 
 MAYBELLINE NEW YORK DREAM FRESH BB CREAM IN FAIR


This is the original BB Cream from Maybelline and the first one I purchased. The original reason I bought it was because of the packaging-I love the pink and white! It is the runniest of the pack so you do need to use a bit more to cover your face and it doesn't have the best coverage. I do love the dewy look it gives my skin and I seem to get the most compliments wearing this BB cream. This has no SPF which is disappointing so make sure you pop some sunscreen underneath!
 


 
Available in three shades, retailing at $15.99. Available at pharmacies and supermarkets.
 
 
 
URBAN DECAY NAKED SKIN BEAUTY BALM
 
 
This is another BB cream that I purchased in America as I was intrigued by the fact that there is only one shade and it self adjusts to different skin tones. It comes in a gorgeous bronze tube with a silver twist off lid. It is very dark when squeezed out but it blends in really well. I find using my fingers or a foundation brush work equally well with this. It has a medium consistency so not too much product is required. I find this to give a light to medium coverage so spot on for day to day use.
 

 
You can buy this BB cream at www.tarrazz.com.au for $45 for a 35ml tube. (I purchased a 15ml tube from Sephora while overseas)
 
 
As you can see there is a wide range of varieties when it comes to BB creams, especially in Western countries. Some are more like tinted moisturisers, some give good sun coverage and others claim to do a multitude of things. If you are after a light to medium coverage then I would definitely suggest BB creams as for me they feel lighter then foudations.
 
Do you use BB creams often? Have a favourite different from mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment