Sunday, September 9, 2012

Nail Of The Day: O.P.I Dim Sum Plum & Glitzerland

Hi everyone, today I've decided to show off my nails from Friday! I have had a busy weekend cake decorating so have only just had time to upload them now :)

The nail polishes that are featuring are two O.P.I colours that my mum thoughtfully brought back from America: Dim Sum Plum and Glitzerland.


I started off with a clear base coat and then one coat of Dim Sum Plum. This is such a rich colour that one coat shows the colour perfectly, although next time I will do two coats just for extra smoothness. I then used Sally Hansen's quick dri drops to set the colour. I actually did the base coat Thursday night and then applied Glitzerland the next morning.


I have seen quite a few pictures lately with the top section of the nail being painted a different colour and I wanted to try it out. I applied pieces of sticky tape on a diagonal on each nail (press the sticky tape on your skin beforehand to make it a bit less sticky). I then applied a coat of Glitzerland to each nail.
Now next time I do this I think I will need to do thinner coats of the top coat and to let them dry for a bit longer as it wasn't as clean as I had hoped for! All practice though :)




I'm really happy with the colours I chose as I think they work really well together. I will definitely be doing this look again!!

Both O.P.I nail polishes retail for $19.95 at David Jones, though my mum paid a fair bit less in America! I'll be having a big spend up when I go next year!

8 comments:

  1. This looks very nice, I like doing the same effect with a champagne gold and apricot polishes :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be gorgeous! I don't have an apricot colour so might need to find one :)

      Delete
  2. Both these colours have been on my wishlist for ages. They look great together.

    I've tagged you for a Liebster award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy mum picked these colours :)
      And thanks for the tag- I'll do this now :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, great colours too and you've done really well with your nails! I always seem to stuff mine up when i attempt it haha
    katie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie!! This was my second attempt at nails that day as the first one was just not working!!

      Delete
  4. I love this, such a great colour combination!

    Little tip, when you've painted on the second coat, remove the tape straight away while it's still wet instead of waiting for it to dry, you get much cleaner lines that way. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I thought you had to wait for longer-never would have tried it when still wet :)

      Delete