Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Daily Products

Like everyone, I have my go-to products that I use day-in, day-out. They are mainly products that I have been using for many months, while some are new additions to my schedule. Because I work as a swimming coach I don't really wear make-up during the week so my routine is pretty quick. Here is a list of my morning and night products.

Morning
My morning routine is super speedy. I tend to wake up with a slightly oily complexion so just need a simple few minutes in the bathroom.
- The cleanser I'm currently using is from Philosophy and it is called Purity. I won this in a competition that was on BeautyHeaven and I'm really falling in love with it. It is a creamy cleanser that keeps the pH of my skin pretty neutral.
- I've recently been trying out the new Colgate Optic White toothpaste. I have always used Colgate toothpastes out of habit and was wanting to try this one so was pleasantly surprised when this was in a Priceline goody bag. It says it will whiten teeth three shades whiter so I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. In the morning I pair this with my Oral B electric toothbrush which works a treat as I have some deep groves in my teeth that can be hard to clean.
- Once my skin is completely dry I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel. This is a deluxe sample and I will be buying a full-size version when I go to America (possibly two as they are much, much cheaper there!) In Australia they retail for $70+ but in America the full size is $25!
- I'm 23 so decided it's time to use an eye-cream to try to prevent some wrinkles. I use the Nivea Q10plus eye cream and so far it is pretty good. I only use a tiny bit and it has been lasting for months.

Night:
As you can see the majority of my night products are the same as I use in the morning. During the week this is what I use but if I have worn makeup on the weekend I use facewipes or a makeup remover aswell.

- I know, I know, dental floss-how boring! But this is one thing I make sure I use every night. I have found Oral B to have the best one and it definitely prevents any stains on the edges of my teeth. If you don't floss make sure you do now!
- After I cleanse my face I use the Dermalogica Microfoliant. I've really started to like this product, especially as it is gentle enough to use every day. This is a deluxe sample that came with a magazine last year. I would love to continue to use this but don't know if I can justify the price.
- Now I use the exact same toothpaste at night but as you can see I use a different toothbrush-I know-how strange!! I find that manual brushing foams this toothpaste up better than an electric one and I really like the sensation. Also I tend to go to bed quite late and the electric one always sounds so loud at 1am!
- My holy grail product for the day has to be the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. I am addicted to this stuff and thankfully I am on my second bottle and haven't had to purchase either one! This soaks beautifully into my skin.
- Most nights I will use this Garnier night cream but during really hot nights I skip it otherwise I wake up with an oil slick on my face. This cream is just moisturising enough without being heavy.
- Lastly, I can't go to sleep without applying my Maybelline Babylips! If I don't use this I wake up with chapped lips during the night. I also keep one in my handbag so I can pop in on before sleeping over at my bf's or a friend's house.

So that is my daily beauty routine! Do you use any of these products as a part of your routine? Are there any products I should add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment