Saturday, April 27, 2013

April Empties

I'm back to the monthly empty posts now that I'm in the swing of thing again! I tried to use some more of my samples this month as the pile is getting bigger!

- L'Occitane Sweet Cherry Hand Cream: this was part of a trio of hand cream that I got for Christmas one year and I've been saving it for ages (because it smelt so nice!). I finally finished it and loved it as per all L'Occitane hand creams.
Would I purchase this? Yes

- Pantene Clinicare Micro-Repair Shampoo, Conditioner & Treatment: I got this as a freebie through PinchMe. I found it to be good as a special treatment, something I could see myself using once a fortnight.
Would I purchase this? Yes, depending on the price

- John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shampoo & Conditioner: this was a freebie through the John Frieda Facebook page. I only got one use out of this so couldn't really tell if it worked for me. Would I purchase this? No, as there was no amazing result from using it, my normal shampoo gives the same result.

- Apivita Express Beauty Face Mask: I'm actually throwing out a full sachet after using the other one that I used as I really didn't like it. The scent was so off-putting I took it off after only a few minutes and I didn't like the 'chunks' of cereals that were in this cream.
Would I purchase this? No

- Revlon Multi Care Base+Top Coat: I like this top coat as it is easy to use and not too expensive. It wasn't amazing though so will probably continue to try different top coats. Also once I was 2/3 through the bottle it got thick very quickly.
Would I purchase this again? Maybe, if it was on special

- Natio Spa Pep-Up Body Cleanser: this 50ml bottle was part of a travel set of products that I won. This has eucalyptus, lemongrass and peppermint in it so not really my cup of tea. It did bubble up very nicely in my bath and didn't leave my skin feeling dry so still a good product.
Would I purchase this? Not for me, but perhaps as a gift

- Palmolive Strawberry Smoother Body Wash: this was a freebie through their Facebook page and quite a decent one at 50ml. It smells amazing and has little scrub particles to exfoliate at the same time as washing. The bottle however is a horrible design and it makes it so hard to get any product out. It needs to be made of much softer plastic.
Would I purchase this? No, as the bottle annoyed me so much

- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo: my initial PinchMe sample which was a great size at 60ml. This smelt delicious and seemed to tame my dry hair. I was a bit off-put by the blue colour and the bottle could allow for leakage if taken on travel.
Would I purchase this? Maybe, it would have to be on sale

- Nivea Essentials Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes: now these say they are for dry and sensitive skin (my boyfriend bought these for me when I needed some and saw the sensitive bit, I'm more combination though), however I don't understand how they think they could work. They had hardly any moisture and made my skin quite sore after attempting to use them to remove makeup. I found them quite rough and nowhere near gentle enough.
Would I purchase these? No

- Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Serum: this was a sample from a recent promotion. There was only enough product to get 2 small uses so it wasn't enough to get a proper opinion of it. It was less of a serum and more of a cream (I've always had serums that are liquids or gels) and it felt very similar to a primer, which was still nice. I wouldn't be willing to buy it after using such a small amount.
Would I purchase this? No

- Dove Damage Therapy Conditioner: this was one of my goodies from the first ever Beautorium on BeautyHeaven. I found it to work well on my split ends and added some hydration back into my hair.
Would I purchase this? Yes

So there you go! My empties for the month! I'm going to count it as 9 products (excluding the super small samples). This gets me to 35/30 for my project pan tally!! I think I did very well on my ban and have only recently broken it at the Priceline 40% off cosmetics sale! I only allowed myself to pick up a few items when I realised I had got through my challenge! I'm now not allowed any beauty purchases until June 24, which is when I go to America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment