Monday, August 5, 2013

America Makeup Haul Part 2

Ok now onto Part 2 of what I bought in America! If you missed Part 1 you can click here to read all about it :)

One thing I was really keen on buying in America was nail polish as it is so cheap there and even though I buy OPI here, I struggle accepting that I'm paying $20 a bottle for it! I also managed to get a nice collection of samples to try out (one thing Australian retailers could really step up there game with), and a birthday present to myself!


PHILOSOPHY
 


 
- I have been lusting after this pack for so many months now! This is Philosophy's Birthday Girl pack and it includes a Vanilla Birthday Cake Body Wash and a Vanilla Birthday Cake Lip Gloss. Ever since I was little I have loved vanilla and used to ask my Mum for the plainest vanilla birthday cakes every year! I am saving this until Sunday for me to use as Sunday is my birthday! I haven't yet decided what flavour cake to have yet though! ($20 US +tax)


 NAIL POLISH


- Wet n Wild is a brand I hadn't heard of before going to the States. They are super cheap so I picked up two polishes: '2% milk' (a creamy nude polish) and '4th of July Parade' (a clear polish with red, white and blue sparkles).
- I wasn't planning on buying any Revlon but this polish caught my eye. 'Girly' is a pale purple polish with blue, pink and silver glitter.
- If you had read my wishlists before I went away, you would have seen I was keen to try out butter London polishes. I picked one up in 'Trout Pout' and it has already become one of my favourites.

 
 - The Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes I already own are fantastic quality so I decided I had to pick up a couple more. I went after more pastel colours with 'I Lilac You' and 'Peach of Cake'.
- I have read plenty about the Seche Vite top coat so grabbed two bottles when I was in Ulta. I've only used it once so far but it is super fast drying which I love.


- I couldn't leave America without getting some O.P.I polishes as they have the best range of colours and the quality of the polishes are always great. I purchased (from left to right): 'You're Such A Budapest', 'Mod About You', 'Matte Top Coat', 'Charged Up Cherry' and 'Feelin Hot-Hot-Hot!'.

I bought all of these polishes for under $10 US +tax and the wet n wild polishes were less than $4 US +tax. If you're planning on buying polishes in America the best place for a wide range is Ulta as they stock all the O.P.I colours aswell as many other brands. Walgreen and CVS are great for cheaper polishes but they don't as big a range.

SEPHORA


- The Summer Lovin' Set was a kit I bought with my VIB points. It includes a lipgloss, mascara, self-tanning body mist and a moisturiser. I also picked up two new brushes as these were used on me when I got my makeover and I loved the feel of them. They come with a travel friendly top so they won't get damaged.

SAMPLES

 
One thing I loved about shopping in America was that it's not hard to get samples to try products out. More often than not I wouldn't have to even ask for any if I had purchased something so it was always a nice bonus. Sephora is the best retailer to get samples from and they are usually quite nice about it.

So there's another haul post from America! I've realised I've got a few extra skin care items I bought so I will feature them with my next post which will feature shoes, jewellery and many random items!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I think I drooled on my keyboard! You made such fabulous choices, especially with the W & W polishes, 2% Milk is one of their best I think :) Gorgeous samples too - and Happy Birthday for Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krissy! I have never tried wet n wild so I'm glad to hear I did well with the shades!

      Delete