Friday, August 16, 2013

My week in pictures

I've had such a busy week and a half that I haven't even had time to check blogs out! I thought the easiest way to catch up with you all would be to show you what I've been up to.


I heard about the great Beauty Bag David Jones was offering and I just had to wander in to see if anything caught my eye. The bag I got had skII, a candle, Dermalogica pre cleanser and many other goodies. I was going to buy another OPI for my collection until I lay my eyes on this beauty! It was in a clearance section and was down to $20 :D This is the Philosophy Cookbook selection of body washes and includes the scents eggnog, hot buttered rum, cinnamon buns and peppermint bark. I love Christmas baking so this set is perfect for me! I didn't know you could buy this here and the sales lady didn't even know that stocked Philosophy!

      

The latest Aldi catalogue featured bathroom essentials and they had Perspex makeup and beauty holders for $10 each. Below is actually two items, just stacked on top of each other and they fit in perfectly. 

                                    

Last weekend I had three baking orders which of course drove me a bit crazy. I'll just show you one of them that I made for my boss' 50th birthday dinner. It started off as just chocolate cupcakes....

                                    
...and became chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream and a "50" fondant topper hand piped. I really liked the effect of them all together :)

                                    

On Sunday it was my birthday and I turned 24 (eek!). Seeing as my bf and I just came back from America I asked him not to get me anything as I already bought so much! He did surprise me with some flowers, took me out to lunch and paid for me to get a massage-it was perfect!
            
                                    

                                    

My lovely best friend came over after a family dinner to catch up and she got me a Groom Spa voucher! I've never been to this one but I am so super excited!! She knows me too well!

                                    
My parents spoilt me as I really didn't need anything after they brought back such lovely goodies from their trip to Europe (they'll have to feature in another post!). Mum got me to pick a bag so I found a nice one from Asos as my current one is a mess! I also got some other sweet goodies.

                                    

And my lovely sisters got me these candles and also a beautiful cake stand. I've got a few candles I need to burn but I am very excited about trying these out :D

       

I also want to show you a cute little cafe that has recently opened in Caulfield. It's called Tuckshop Takeaway and features burgers, jaffles, chips, milk shakes and desserts. It has a school fit out which is cool. I got a Nutella milkshake, their basic burger and chips and a redskin brownie-so so good! They also do a redskin milkshake that I'm going to have to go back to try!

                        

So that been me the past week! What have you been up to? Any shopping I need to get my eyes on?(even though I don't need more ideas!)


2 comments:

  1. Must go to Aldi!!! Love the cupcakes and that handbag is super cute! :)

    xx


    http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I couldn't go past the aldi containers-way too cute! And I love my new handbag :)

      Delete